Connecting with Personal Devotional Habits is one of our Bridge Church Catalysts or On Ramps to Spiritual Growth. In others words, people that grow spiritually typically say things like, “When I started reading my Bible regularly, I found myself growing” or “When I did that Bible Study called _____, I really grew spiritually.” Lent, or the 40 Days before Easter, offers us some great opportunities in this regard. So, if you’re Bible Reading plan you started in January has washed out, or your devotional life is a little dry right now, Check out a few of these options:
- YouVersion.com has some great Lent and Prep for Easter Plans. Plans for every kind of learner – daily, weekly, video, etc.
- Maybe take on a Fast during Lent. Read about Fasting and Prayer and if you missed it in January, download our Awaken 21 Day Guide and work through it.
- Unsure about the whole Lent thing? Find out more HERE.
- I’m following a Devotional by the Renovare Group called Engage. Great short daily devo that focuses on one spiritual discipline each week. Find it HERE.
- Maybe pick up something in your library that helped you grow in the past and go back through it. Always helps me.
- One of my favorite devo tools that always helps me reignite during dry seasons, is Jesus’ sermon on the mount. Here’s a 33 question guide through it to allow Jesus’ teachings to go deep. Take one a day. Our Tuesday AM Bridge Marksmen group is going through this now.
Comment with what your doing in your devotional life right now, or what you’ve enjoyed in the past.