Our Christlike Manhood Study is about half way done. Here’s a brief recap. Connect with a Group:
Friday’s – 7am at PJ’s on Hwy 59.
Sunday’s – 8am at the West St. Tammany YMCA
A Christlike Man:
- Submits to Authority – “not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me” John 6:38. A man cannout self-govern and needs to be governed by Christ. What are reasons you have run from authority and accountability?
- Is Willing to Sacrifice – “not to be served but to serve, and to give his life” Matt. 20:28. It’s natural to be a taker. God’s man is a giver. How have you embraced sacrifice for God’s kingdom, for your family, for others?
- Practices Radical Obedience – “If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them” John 13:17. Obedience and Disobedience will reveal a man’s true character. Is there something that is hard for you to let go of to be more obedient?
- Strategizes Self-Discipline – “he would withdraw to desolate places to pray” Luke 5:16. In the private place of a man’s life he exhibits self-discipine through prayer, study, reflection, service, worship… Where in your life do you need to build more self-discipline?
- Is Receptive to Truth – “I am the way, and the truth, and the life” John 14:6. He welcomes self-examination, digs out unreceptive motives, and pursues God’s truth. What issues or triggers keep you from being receptive to God’s truth?
Connect with a Group for the remaining four weeks of this study.